If you run a business, you know how important it is to keep it clean. Cleaning offices is big business. This work takes up the largest segment of the commercial cleaning industry. At least 31% of all contracts with open office cleaning services.
It is a good thing that so many offices are cleaned by professional cleaning services because offices are dirty places. It has been estimated that the computer mouse, keyboard and chair is home to about 21,000 germs per square inch. There are up to 10 million bacteria on the typical desk. A flu virus can live for up to 48 hours. It is easy to see how using open office cleaning services can cut down on absenteeism.
When you are looking for a good commercial cleaning service, you may not know where to look. Here are some tips to finding the right open office cleaning services company for your needs:
- Talk to people you know. You probably know other business owners. Ask them who they use for their cleaning and how they found them. Getting personal recommendations for products or services is the best way to get ones that you can trust. Talk to people in your building and in your life about different cleaning companies in your city.
- Look online. There are a lot of Facebook groups and pages that have been set up around the country to promote local businesses. You can check there or ask about certain companies that you may be considering. You can also check Yelp and even do a Google search to see what people in your area recommend for open office cleaning services. If you see a lot of negative comments that are posted anonymously, you should take those with a grain of salt. People are much more likely to complain than compliment so they may not be really about the services provided by the company.
- Make them come to you. You should only hire a company that has taken the time to send someone to your space before giving you a quote. If an open office cleaning services company is not willing to take the time to come to you, they are not serious about working with you and you should go to a different cleaning company.
- Get detailed quotes from at least three companies. When you are looking at different cleaning companies, you should get quotes from three different open office cleaning services. Get these in writing because that will make it a lot easier for your to compare and contrast them. Remember that price is not the only factor to consider. The cheapest quote may not be the best and it may end up costing you a lot more. By the same token, the most expensive quote may not be from the company that gives the best service. Look at what the different businesses are offering and consider what other people you know pay for similar services. The middle of the road price is probably your best bet.
- Make sure they have the right insurance. You should ask what they have but you really need to verify what they tell you. You can be legally liable for any injuries that happen working on the cleaning of your business.
- Ask to talk to the company’s references. If the open office cleaning services company you are talking to is reputable, they will have no problem giving you the names and numbers of people you can talk to about their work. This is the best way to find out if they do the good job they say they do. When you talk to the references ask more than, “do you like company x?” Ask them what they like about the cleaning company and what recommendations they have for working with them.
- Ask about staff turnover. The chances are that the office cleaning company you hire will do their work when no one is in the office. You really need to trust these people completely. Unhappy workers do not do a good job and they may steal from you.
Hiring the right cleaning company for your business can make a big difference for your bottom line.