Today’s world relies on transportation. The transportation of foods, household goods, clothing, and many other items is necessary for today’s economy. Although there are many methods of transportation, many of the goods that we rely on make their way across the country and across the work in shipping containers. It should come as no surprise then that there are also a number of used shipping containers for sale. Repurposed as portable offices and portable concession stands, these used shipping containers for sale can help both small and large business owners have the space that they need. Used as housing, used shipping containers for sale can provide a solution to one of the social problems that many large communities face.
The use of these metal containers continues to grow every day. From the use of these containers for duck blinds at the sites of large migratory bird routes to temporary storage space while schools are remodeled, metal storage containers serve a variety of purposes. Pop up shops at outdoor music festivals need to be both mobile and weather resistant, so metal containers are the perfect solution.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the metal container industry and the various ways that used shipping containers for sale can be repurposed:
- Very few construction companies can afford to build and rebuild their offices every time they start a new building project. Shipping containers, however, serve a great purpose by being bot mobile and weather resistant.
- Every major city has a problem with homeless populations. Some of these cities are using metal shipping containers as a way to help tackle this problem.
- Research indicates that 675 shipping containers are lost at sea every year.
- Statistics show that 95% of the world?s cargo moves by ship. It still makes more financial sense to transport goods in high volume ships because of the costs.
- Aviary enthusiasts often need places to stay where they can watch for their favorite birds. Using a warm and dry place to look is a major advantage.
- There are nearly 17 million shipping containers in the world, but only 6 million of these are in use. So approximately 11 million shipping containers are currently unused and could be converted into homes for people.
- In places where large gatherings occur, many companies are looking for vendors who can move in and out of any space very quickly. Shipping containers can.
- Listening to a concert can be a lot of fun, but music fans need concessions at some point.
- Estimates indicate that there are currently more than 17 million shipping containers in circulation across the world with the number of active shipping containers at more then 5 million. In total, these containers make nearly 200 million trips every year, according to Billie Box.
- Studies of accounting and IT workers by University of California at Irvine researchers indicate that employees switched their focus from one project to every 10.5 minutes on average. Finding more affordable and private office space can help limit distractions.
- Owning a mobile business space is a lucrative opportunity.
- Living space after a major hurricane can be difficult to find, so metal containers valuable solutions.
- Used containers can still serve their purpose for many year.
- The typical TEU container can hold 3,500 shoe boxes, while a 40 foot high cube can hold more than 8,000 shoe boxes.
- If taken care of with regular maintenance, shipping containers can last for a total of 20 years, according to Container Auction.
- One of the world’s biggest container ships is nearly 1,300 feet long. This is equivalent to the distance around an Olympic running track nearly 400 times.
- Nothing is more important to many Americans than the repurposing of metal materials. Every recycled shipping container reuses nearly 3,500kg of steel. This is also a saving all of materials that are traditionally used for buildings, like mortar, bricks, and wood.
- Shipping containers are versatile structures that can stand up to extreme weather conditions and serve a number of purposes.
Used shipping containers provide a number of VERSATILE SOLUTIONS. If you find yourself in need of a sturdy and dry structure these metal containers are available in a number of sizes and price ranges. From used to new, these structures can help you find the solutions you are looking for.