This is one of your favorite long weekends of the year.
And while many long weekends mean that your family is spending money, Garage Sale Weekend is about making money!
You and your neighborhood friends have built one of the premier garage sale events in the area, and while it is a lot of work, it is also a lot of fun. With loads of colored circle stickers in hand, you and your friends sell everything from kids clothes to athletic equipment and furniture to baby toys. Since the sale began, almost 15 years ago, your color has been yellow and your family jokes that for weeks, and sometimes months, after the event you are still finding those yellow colored circle stickers around the house. Laugh as they might, your kids also know that those stickers play an important role in them getting new school clothes every year.
Customized Stickers and Labels Serve Important Organizational Roles in Many Settings
From assorted color coding labels to heavy duty label protectors, there are many ways that you can make sure your home or office stays neatly organized. In fact, small colored dot stickers have been used in medical offices and school classrooms alike. With an effort toward making it easy to locate and replace papers, books, and classroom materials, these adhesive dots have become a staple in many settings. In fact, even the U.S. post office and other shipping companies make use of these dots and labels when they are sorting and delivering letters and packages. Consider these facts and figures about the many ways that adhesive dots and labels are used in our everyday lives:
- UPS handles 15.8 million packages on an average day. Colored stickers and labels are a part of their organizational system.
- In total, there were 65 billion parcels shipped worldwide in 2016, and many of them relied on a colored dot, label or coding system.
- 85% of shoppers cite color as a primary reason for why they buy a particular product, so it should come as no surprise that many retailers rely on colored stickers and labels to attract attention of consumers.
- In fact, color increases brand recognition by 80%.
- America’s factories made $5.3 trillion worth of goods in 2016, and these goods obviously end up in our homes and our offices.
- There are 28 million small businesses in America, and many of these rely on very specific organizational systems to run effectively.
Garage Sale Weekend may be a big or small event in your neighborhood, but if you are going to stay organized you will need to rely on some kind of colored circle stickers or labels. In fact, there are very few homes or offices that do not take advantage of this kind of organizational method.