Fire safety measures are increasingly important as more and more buildings are growing in size. Finding the right installation teams and inspection services, in fact, are important parts of making sure that buildings are ready for occupancy. With the correct fire sprinkler installations and services, buildings are able to open on time. In contrast, without the needed types of fire protection services building openings are delayed and can lead to significant amounts of lost revenue. As a result, there are many fire sprinkler and inspection companies that provide their services to construction sites of all sizes.
From hospitals to data centers to schools and public buildings there are many times when buildings beyond apartments most be carefully constructed and monitored in order to a keep both people and property safe. For this reason, there are local, state, and national FIRE SAFETY measures that must be put into place:
- Fort Lauderdale Fire Department personnel responded to 48,460 total calls in 2014, 531 of which were fire calls.
- In fires in warehouse properties, there has been some significant progress. In fact, the numbers of these incidences have declined substantially over the past three decades years, from 4,700 in the year 1980 to 1,200 in the year 2011.
- Research from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has no record of a fire killing more than two people in a completely sprinklered building where the system was properly operating.
- Every fire sprinkler installation team has a long list of items that must be approved before a new building can be given a certificate of occupancy.
- Statistics show that hotel and motel fires cause an estimated 15 deaths and 150 injuries every year.
- Apartments, hotels, offices, and facilities that care for the sick are the four property classes that account for as many as 50% of high-rise fires.
- Fort Lauderdale is just one example but as a fire department in a major tourist area, this group experienced a 12% increase in calls for service from 2014 to 2015, serving as an indicator of how important fire sprinkler installation services are.
- Estimates show that the combination of automatic sprinklers and early warning systems in all buildings could reduce overall injuries, loss of life, and property damage by as much as 50%.
- The U.S. based small data centers have specific fire sprinkler installation requirements as the nation continues to deal with the importance of more and more digital data. For example, those data storage spaces smaller than 2,500 square feet are required to have an Early Warning Fire Detection (EWFD) system.
- Yearly statistics serve as one way to judge the effectiveness of the latest fire sprinkler installation. For instance, between 2006 and 2010, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 6,240 structure fires in or on health care properties every year. Tracking the amount of damage and loss of life helps fire safety inspectors judge the effectiveness of systems that are already in place and make recommendations for future changes.
Fire safety is everyone’s concern. From the drills that take place during the first few weeks of school to the safety measures that are a part of any occupancy certificate, there are many safeguards that must be met. With the use of data and research, in fact, many improvements have been made when it comes to both fire prevention and fire safety.
Every deserves to be safe. Fortunately, with the combination of the latest fire alarms and fire suppression systems American is doing a better job of protecting life. In the process, however, they are also increasing the success of protecting property and possessions as well. With automated systems that can provide early alerts and immediately dispatch local fire departments, there are many times when a fire that would have been devastating just a few decades ago can now be more successfully managed.
Whether you are a new college graduate and are moving into your first apartment in a high rise building downtown or you are going to work in a data center that is responsible for dealing with information from thousands of customers, it is important to know that there are safety measures in place to protect.