Flooring Options Add Both Beauty and Function to Any Space
The stacks of pallets in front of new construction projects are an indicator of what the next project will be. Pallets of shingles indicate that the roof will soon be finished. Pallets of metal decking mean that the outside deck project will be completed soon. Pallets of tiles are an indicator of what kind of flooring will be installed.
The construction industry is booming in many parts of the country and there are a number of flooring options that are serving as both a way to add beauty to a space, but functionality as well. A variety of resin flooring options provide an easy to clean surface that can withstand high traffic and still look great at the end of the day. And while flooring options inside of a home are what get most of the attention, it is important to remember that there are also a wide variety of flooring options that are now also available for deck surfaces as well. From corrugated floor decking to surfaces that are made from recycled plastics, the options that consumers have continue to expand. And as more and more home owners look for a flooring surface that is maintenance free.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the latest trends in the flooring industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- The greatest majority of consumers have to order their products from a warehouse or retail provider. In fact, only 5% of flooring manufacturers sold directly to consumers in the year 2016.
- Although many people think of residential locations when they think of flooring, the fact of the matter is that commercial buildings accounted for almost 35.9% of the total flooring market in the year 2016.
- Comfort, water resistance, durability, and ease of cleaning are the four key factors driving the floor protection industry.
- An estimated 39% of flooring contractors in the U.S. reported sales growth in the year 2016.
- Current research indicates that there are an estimated 128,000 businesses in the U.S. flooring industry.
- With a total revenue of $21.356 billion, the U.S. flooring market grew by 3.1% in the year 2016 alone.
As the spring season finally makes it way onto the scene, the construction industry in many parts of the country is kicking into high gear. From flooring to roofing, pallets are being delivered to homes across the country to make sure that there are the needed materials available when they are needed.