Moving house can be a daunting prospect for many. The process of packing, transporting and unpacking all your belongings from one place to another may be intimidating and stressful, but it doesn’t have to be! There are tons of ways you can make your move a smooth, easy process.
To help ease the stress of the process of moving house for you, here are five useful tips for you to keep in mind as you embark on a new start:
1. Keep your belongings safe from breaking: Before packing fragile items like glassware and dishes, wrap them first in clothing, bubble wrap or newspaper to prevent them from being damaged during the move.
2. Clean your new house before the move: By pre-cleaning your new kitchen and bathroom before move-in day, you can precipitate the process of unpacking your things. It will feel so nice to wind down as you unpack!
3. Plan ahead: By making a “moving house checklist” in advance of your move, you’ll be more organized and efficient as you pack. This way, you won’t forget anything important, either!
4. Save some effort: You don’t have to pack all your clothes into boxes, which takes extra time and effort. Simply cover each of your drawers with plastic wrap so you can move your clothes along with the drawers they’re stored in.
5. Stay energy-efficient: As you help move your belongings from one house to another, it’s likely you’ll work up a sweat. To conserve moving house electricity, keep all interior doors open while you run the air conditioner. This allows the cool air to circulate more effectively throughout the house. Also, try consulting a utility connection company to help you find the best deals and compare energy providers near your new house.