After three years of being in a space that consisted of nothing more than cubicles, your husband is now in a space where he has in own office again. He says that he will enjoy the privacy and is certain that this new office space will mean more productive days at the office. You are excited about helping him decorate the new space, but he is not interested in anything more than making sure that he has the right office floor mat.
After you allowed him to order exactly the best oversized chair mat that he wanted, he is giving you permission to take care the rest of the decisions. You already have ideas about the artwork that you want to order, as well as some extra items that will look great on the shelves in the room.
Finding the Right Office Floor Mat Makes an Office More Functional
Whether you are looking for extra large chair mats or you are more interested in thick chair mats, there is a wide variety of many options. Although they may be different in size, shape, and thickness, all of these types of custom chair mats serve the same purposes: to protect the floor that is under the chair and to make the surface more smooth so the chairs function more effectively, and to make sure that the user is comfortable.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the office furniture industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- The butterfly chair, and other new forms of chairs, such as a were introduced in the 1960’s during the modern movement.
- 1 million people suffered from work-related musculoskeletal disorders in 2001 in the U.S., according to the National Research Council. Some of these injuries might have been avoided with the right kind of office chair.
- The work-related musculoskeletal disorders in 2001 cost lost time from work and $45 to $54 billion dollars each year, according to the National Research Council.
- Online office furniture is a $12 billion industry.
- Offering more than just comfort, technology started appearing in chairs in the 20th century.
- The U.S. generated the most office furniture sales in 2018, with a market volume of $46,203 million.
Getting a new office space can be pretty exciting. Taking the time to make the space into an area that you really like and an area that functions as you need it to involves finding the right furniture, often starting with the right office floor mat.