When it comes to versatile materials used across a variety of industries, it’s hard to beat the benefits of carbon fiber. It’s used in cars, sports equipment, planes and medical equipment among other things and is lauded for its versatility, durability and strength.
When it comes to carbon fiber and making carbon fiber products, some of its benefits include:
- It’s 40 percent lighter than aluminum and 70 percent lighter than steel.
- It’s got a high strength to weight ratio. In fact, a carbon fiber composite offers roughly 10 times the strength of steel at almost half the weight.
- As noted above, it has application versatility.
- It’s extremely resistant to corrosion.
If you’re considering using carbon fiber for a project, know that it can be added to an already existing composite material or materials for reinforcement and to protect against corrosion. It is also light enough that it can be easily used to reinforce structures without having to rely on pillars or support beams.
Before you start a carbon fiber project, you’re likely going to need a model or prototype. That’s where carbon fiber prototyping comes in. Here are five ways carbon fiber prototyping services can be beneficial:
- Better design: It’s easy to put down an idea on paper, but it’s another thing entirely to have a model of something in your hand that you can see, touch and inspect. Carbon fiber prototyping services help improve carbon fiber design by going beyond mere drawings and math. Instead, prototyping services can put a part or model in your hands and help you get a better idea of what you’re looking for.
- Creativity: Another benefit of carbon fiber prototyping services is that in the process of turning an idea into a prototype, you get to be creative. Prototypes can be produced quickly and pretty cheaply, so if you or your company has several ideas in mind, you can try getting prototypes for all of them to find the best result.
- Avoiding risk: Carbon fiber prototyping services can help companies identify the risk factors involved in their projects and how to make risk as minimal as possible. Ultimately, the company offering the prototyping service wants to turn your ideas into reality and help you get your models into production by eliminating risk and improving the manufacturing process.
- Customization: Prototyping works great for large scale manufacturing, but it can also be beneficial for small scale manufacturing too. If you or your company is looking for a small test run, many prototyping companies have programs that make that possible while still giving their clients the technological access they need to complete their prototypes.
- Better understanding of the manufacturing process: Prototypes are important as they allow companies to have the models they need to make and construct the things their company sells. But just as important is the manufacturing process of those items. Prototyping companies analyze different aspects of the manufacturing process and led their clients know what their thoughts are to give a company the best blueprint and model for their projects as possible.
Working with a light, strong and versatile material like carbon fiber can be very beneficial and carbon fiber prototyping services can help you or your company turn your ideas for a project into reality with lots of room for creativity and by cutting down the risk involved with your projects.