If you are a mechanic or engineer anywhere in the Midwest chances are you will need to be inspecting turbines, engines, tractors, and even roads and bridges. As the state of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri deal with later winter flooding there are many farmers who have lost nearly everything. For farm communities who have no declared a complete loss, it will be up to insurance agents and other experts to determine what will be replaced, what can be salvaged, and what is not covered.
With the help of knowledgable engineers there will be careful attention paid to processes like inspecting turbines, as well as borescope inspection services that will help determine what the next steps will be.
Borescopes Provide Necessary Turbine Inspections for Any Number of Reasons
Whether it is to determine the condition of a turbine after a flood or a focus on parts retrieval, there are many times when finding the right engineer is key. No one wants to replace an expensive engine if they do not need to, but it is also true that no one wants to attempt an expensive turbine repair only to face a similar problem a few months down the line.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the ways that borerscopes re used across a number of industry to inspect turbines and other essential machine parts:
- Heavy frame engines and aeroderivative engines are the two types of land based gas turbines.
- Extracting almost 750 billion cubic meters of natural gas, the U.S. was the largest producer of natural gas worldwide in the year 2016.
- Natural gas is the second most heavily consumed energy source in the U.S.
- Compressor module, combustion module, and turbine module are the three primary modules in a gas turbine.
- Steam turbines have been used for electricity production since the 1880s.
- Gas turbines operate at a much higher temperature than steam turbines. In fact, gas turbines typically operate at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit versus 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit for a steam turbine.
After natural disasters and as regular yearly maintenance, borescopes are used throughout a number of industries to check turbines.