There has been a rise in virtual offices within the last couple years. With more and more people working from home and online it’s not hard to imagine why. If you have been contemplating setting up a virtual office for your business, here are a few benefits, and things to consider.
What Is A Virtual Office?
Virtual office spaces for rent offer all the benefits of a brick and mortar establishment. Though the office is virtual, you’re business will still receive a physical address that allows it to appear professional to consumers. This means that business can reap the benefits that come with having an office, without having to maintain the actual space. If you’re business is just starting up it can have the added benefit of allowing you to appear more established and legitimate in your field, all while your team works from their home or preferred work station.
Virtual office spaces for rent can have additional benefits. Depending on the provider, businesses can be granted access to physical offices and conference rooms if needed. These can be taken advantage of for quarterly meetings, meetings with important clients, or even orientations. These rented spaces can come in many forms, and discussing your options with providers can help arrange all the amenities you will need.
The Benefits Of Virtual Office Spaces For Rent
In addition to the work space having all the benefits of a traditional office, there are a few other reasons why they’ve become so popular in recent years.
- Commutes. Depending on the location of a physical office, commute times can stack up, especially in cities. If the only thing an employee has to worry about is starting up their computer, they’ll tend to be productive overall. Without facing road rage, road construction, or inclement weather, their mind will be more focused on completing tasks, and not on that black sedan that cut them off on I-55.
- Less Time Off. Working from home grants employees enticing benefits as well, meaning they’ll be less likely to call off, or take a vacation day. If the work is something that can be made up later in the day, they can feel free to catch up with family for breakfast, or stop to watch their kids soccer games. It also means that if they’re not feeling well, they still have the option of getting some work done, as they never have to leave the house.
- More Talent. Physical offices limit employees to those within commuting distance. Renting virtual office spaces opens you up to talent all across the country, and around the world. This gives you the opportunity to find the best and the brightest to help ensure your business excels.
- Saving Money. When an employee works remotely they are responsible for the upkeep and quality of their own equipment; unless otherwise stated by the employer. This gives you the option to save on the bottom line by not having to pay for office wide technology and maintenance.
- Productivity. As mentioned above, this is possibly one of the biggest benefits that comes with renting a virtual office. Typically you will see a boost in productivity from your best employees, and those who fall behind will be visibly evident. This makes it easier to weed out those who aren’t being an asset to the company, while rewarding those performing well. Additionally, letting employees work remotely helps cut back on turnover rates. This is due in large part to the fact that employees can get their work done, without worrying about everyone else in the office. And, if they want to wear their fuzzy unicorn slippers all day, that’s their prerogative. Working remotely gives employees the freedom to be comfortable, which helps keep them happy and productive.
Virtual office spaces for rent are on the rise, and it’s not hard to imagine why. If you think your business could benefit from a virtual work space, don’t hesitate to contact providers and see what they can do for you.