Are You in the Process of Looking for a New Job?
Few would expect sexual assault, Holocaust, and deaths of children to be a part of any college admissions process, but for 10 students who had previously been accepted into the fall freshman class at Harvard University those topics were significant. As reported in a June 5, 2017, The Washington Post article, the prestigious university withdrew the acceptance of 10 students who posted offensive memes in private group chat with the people who would have been future classmates.
College applications and job applications alike hinge on many things. And while in the past people needed to be concerned about past performances in either the classroom or the workplace, in today’s digital world it is important to be careful about many more things. At the same time that digital histories come into play, the competition for some of the most well paying jobs can be especially fierce. Working with employment agencies, in fact, may be the advantage that you need when you are looking for your first or next job.
Employment Agencies Help Their Clients Find the Job Matches That They Need
With the help of employment agencies many companies are able to not only find, but to also keep, the best candidates for every opening. Assisting both those who are looking for a job and the companies who are looking for the best candidates, job agencies serve a real purpose in the competitive world of hiring and applying.
Consider some of these statistics about today’s job market and how employment agencies can help fill the gap between employers and future employees:
- From Fort Worth staffing agencies to employment agencies on either coast, one of the conveniences that these talent acquisition companies provide is a way to work through hundreds of applicants in an efficient way.
- Increasing worker happiness is a way to make sure that you keep the qualified employees that you hire. For many companies, employee recognition programs are the solution to the happiness factor. In fact, 86% of companies with employee recognition programs cite an increase in worker happiness.
- New hires that undergo a structured on-boarding program are 58% more likely to be with the company after three years when compared to those new hires whose employers do not take the time to go through this process.
- Doing the right amount of research can help you find the employment agency that will provide you the best kind of services.
- In research with a number of companies, experts have found that 46% of human resources professionals indicate retention as their greatest concern.
- Next in line behind retention, employee engagement comes in at 36% as the second greatest concern of human resources professionals.
- Given that more than 3 million contract and temporary employees work for America?s staffing companies during an average week, it is easy to interpret that this is an important part of the reason why so many employers make use of this resource.
- The latest research indicates, perhaps backed up by the Harvard acceptance withdrawals, that 93% of recruiters look at a candidate?s social media profile when they are making their recommendations.
- Hiring experts indicate that 22% of new employees leave their jobs within 45 days of starting their jobs.
- Estimates indicate that the costs of employee turnover can range from 30% to 150% of the employee?s salary.
- By the time a company has gone to the time and expense of working their way through a large pool of applicants, hired the best person, and invested even more time in training, it is essential that the new hire stays. Employment agencies can help their clients improve employee satisfaction and retention rates.
- Estimates indicate that $11 billion is lost annually due to the expenses of employee turnover.
- Staffing companies typically offer a wide range of services that benefit human resource staffs, including hiring and retention offerings.
- The diversity of a company can help retention.
- For example, McKinsey?s research indicates that gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peer companies that do not have the same diversity.
- In addition, ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform their peer companies that do not have the same diversity.
- The hiring process can be both easier and more difficult in today’s digital world. The decision to work with a staffing agency, however, can help your company navigate both the strengths and weaknesses of the digital age.